Below is a list of tool congregated by AerospacePal.com specifically for you, a DO-160 design/test engineer. We are laser-focused on giving you the best and most relevant information possible about RTCA/DO-160 design and test.
If there is more is a topic that you would like to see here, please don’t hesitate, and talk 60 seconds to email me directly at email@example.com
- DO-160 TVS Circuit Design Spreadsheet
- This spreadsheet will allow you to select the correct TVS for your lighting requirements in about 60 seconds
- DO-160 Lightning Energy Calculator
- This calculator by Vishay can calculate DO-160 WF energy levels needed for doing TVS and power resistor calculations
- EMC Wavelength Calculator
- Use this wavelength calculator to determine the effect of the test frequency on you trace or wire length
- Power Delivery System Spreadsheet Calculation
- The Altera tool can be used as a good baseline to determine if your power supply plane is sufficiently decoupled
- Active Clamp Circuit Simulation
- Your product often needs to have DO-160 Section 16.0 Abnormal surge protection. Using an active clamp is one effective way to do this.
- DO-160 Indirect Lightning LTspice Simulation Example
- Download this LTspice template that includes all the DO-160 lightning waveforms as well as embedded models for hundreds of TVS devices.